The cut-up: a technique of writing which utilizes semi-random bits of text as a source for material and ideas. Popularized by the writer William Burroughs, this technique was used to help write several of his books. This application performs cut-ups on pre-loaded selections of fiction and displays them as a live wallpaper. Upon the configured update interval, a new cut-up will be generated and displayed in the background.
This live wallpaper contains no advertisements. The source fiction is in the public domain and was taken from the Gutenberg Project.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- England by Frank Fox
- Configure text transparancy
- Configure faster refresh rate
- Rendering fixes during configuration and wakeup
- Add source text England by Frank Fox